Link to Website

January Yellows


7th January 2015

Hello and happy 2015!

Where did 2014 go? Here we are again in January, the longest dreariest month of the year. It's clear from the expressions on faces everywhere that there is an epidemic of the January Blues. Why did poor blue draw the short straw? It's associated with negative feelings such as sadness and depression, as is this current month. It's easy to see why people feel a bit down at this time of the year, an anti-climax following the festive season. Not to mention empty bank balances too, of course. In the past I hated January too. But this year I'm going to embrace it and call it 'January Yellows.' The reason for this sudden change of heart and mindset is because I'm determined to see the positive in everything this year. I'm going to follow 'The Pollyanna Plan.' I read this book by the wonderful Talli Roland a few months ago. It inspired me. The link to the book will follow this post. It will be a great way to start your reading year, and maybe give you inspiration like it did me.

I admit to being a glass half empty kind of person. I worry and stress about unimportant things. I wish I didn't, but I'm going to try my best to turn that around. So, here follows all the things I'm worried about at the moment and how I'll change them into positives:

1) The house could be tidier, but it's not the end of the world if the bedroom's a bit messy, It'll get done. My writing is a priority.

2) Ah, but money's done a disappearing act. Yes, and most people are in the same boat. And anyway, I want to write as much as I can this month and that's free!

3) After ten years of writing I'm nervous about publishing not one but two books over the coming months. And? Of course it's normal to be nervous, but it's exciting too. I'm doing the one thing I've yearned for and I've worked so hard to get to this point. But everyone may hate my writing. Yes, they may, but I won't know if I don't publish anything, will I? If I fail I fail, but at least I will have tried. Hopefully someone out there will like it!

4) I'm 50 this year. So what? I'm happier now than I have been for a long time.

So...January is the start of exciting adventures and doing new things this year. I'm going to grab every bit of happiness I can. Each time I feel myself getting a bit wound up or stressed, I'm going to stop and question myself. Do I really need to be feeling this way? More often than not I know the answer will be no. I'm no saint. By the end of the day I'll probably have had this conversation with myself at least once...but fingers crossed the conversation will be short!

I've just stubbed my toe. It hurts. BUT...it could've been worse. I could've broken my leg. See? I'm trying. I only swore once. Pollyanna would be proud! If you click on the link below it will take you directly to 'The Pollyanna Plan' book on amazon.

Love Pippa x

The Pollyanna Plan on Amazon By Talli Roland


2 comments:

  1. Great post, Pippa ;) I love your new philosophy on January and totally agree that life is all about perspective.
    Having read your first book, I know that your books will be very popular, so don't worry about that.
    On a completely different not, you do not look 50! I thought you were 37, maybe 38 max xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanne! The comments you made after reading 'The OMG Test' made my day, month and year! At least I already know somebody likes it. Coming from somebody who writes to the standard you do, is fab!
      37 or 38? Now I know why I love you!
      Love Pippa xxx

      Delete